I've finally finished an art project, and I thought I'd share the final result with you. In the end, I really like how it turned out!
If you wanted to try this yourself, here is what you'll need:
1. Vintage Stamps - I primarily got mine in large "lots" on eBay, as well as some from Verde Studio on Etsy.
2. Photo Frames - I purchased 11x14 frames at the local craft store, Ben Franklin, for 2/$18 - for a total of $36.00.
3. Photo Mats - White 8x10 mats in the frames help the "art" look substantial.
4. White scrapbook paper - To the back of the white mats, I taped matching white scrapbook paper (about $0.50 per sheet). On this paper is where I put the stamps.
5. Adhesive Squares - one or two of these sticky squares on the back of each stamp does the trick! I used these, found at the craft store.
You can arrange your stamps however you wish - I did mine by color. When I got my big lots of stamps in the mail, I found that they all sort of fell into four main color groups: red/gray/black, yellow/brown, purple/pink, and green/blue.
I loved finding "art" in the tiny little stamps. I fell in love with some of the designs - these are a few of my favorites:
All-in-all, the project takes a bit of time to plan and assemble... but in the end, it's worth it! You'll end up with some unique art that will make your guests do a double-take.
If you try it, be sure to post back and let me know how it went! Have fun!